The Reason Why I Should Move to Melbourne

by - 1:28 AM



Recently i read about Indonesia - Australia relation that, once again, gone bad! Without any intention to took a part of this problem i want to tell you why Australia is not that bad. I mean, i will always believe this country should run in Pancasila Ideology (not by race or religion) and no one should making fun of it, but i just want to say, one of Australia's city is so goddamn cool, i actually want to move to there, someday. I don't know if this post can cool the tension. But let me try, so, here we go.

If you ask me, i will always have numbers of reason hate Jakarta. Its tiring, polluted, poor clean water, fake people, poor public transportation, and go on and on and on.
Even though i hate Jakarta to the core-est of my heart, i always want to go back to this shitty city every time i fly abroad. For example, i will always choose Jakarta a thousand time rather than living for a week in Singapore. No i don't hate Singapore. I just prefer Jakarta.
I dont know, maybe because i never living overseas for so long so its almost never across my mind that i will left Jakarta for good. Until, last December, i got a chance to experience Melbourne. I never visit Australia, and i never expect anything in Melbourne except get amazed by Coldplay (yeah, i watch The Head Full of Dream there, i will make another post to talk about it).
Then, after 7 hour flight from Bali, i finally arrive a Tullamarine Airport. It just okay, the airport quit simple not "too much" like Changi (again, i love Singapore, but sometimes, it just little too much in there). After long (and non-sense) immigration check (and after they took my dendeng away!) i directly in love to this city. Like this city were made for me. Exactly, people like me! Me, the ultimate pedestrian, public transport enthusiast, love living under the sun but hate to get sweat. Here is more reason why i believe that God create me to live in Melbourne.



1. The Best Public Transportation
I always feel owning (and regularly using) a car in the city (unless you are an Uber) it just plain wrong (ok focus Gita, lets not go there). So, thats why i really rely on public transportation. And Melbourne pleased me with their Free Tram Zone, Fast Bus, Easy Train. I will keep my MyKi until today because i am strongly believe that i will use it again in the near time.



2. The Historic Building
I love buildings just like i love my man, the older are better. And this city entirely made by beautiful functional historic building. I know Europe has more exotic historic building (You dont know how much i want to visit Catacombs, Paris) (yeah, i love creepy building) but Melbourne has fully functional old building. Its not yet being turning into museum, but also not being used by super hippies youngster gather and like each other Instagram. It just old building with shopping center inside, or restaurant, or apartment.



Instagram picture by @aprillpril

3. Best Coffee
I am not drink coffee, but i trust people who loves coffee than alcohol. And many people claimed that Melbourne has the best coffee. So, simply to say, Melbourne has the best vibe! (wait what? what kind of logic is that?) Well, any way, i love place that surround by coffee enthusiast.




4. Art is Everywhere
You can find it in the wall, in the street with their guitar, so lovely.



5. Super Nice People
This city makes me have faith in humanity again.They help us to get our group photo, they help us when we are lost, they super nice to us. I dont know if it because we are obviously looks like tourist, but i love their sense of helpful. Even their city already well maintain, but that doesn't make them stuck up. Very humble, very homey, very lovely, please adopt me Melbourne!




6. Perfect Weather All The Time
Australia have their weather opposite any other western country. Winter in January till July and Summer in August till December. From all the sources i read over the internet, their winter is not that cold. Its only turn into more humid. Meanwhile, their summer, is not hot at all. Its only mean their sun stay longer. Like 14 hours a day. What a perfect weather!


You May Also Like

0 comments