9 Reason Why You Have To Travel With Your Bestfriend

by - 3:14 AM


First of all, welcome 2017.
Its hard to believe that i am able to survive 2016, the poop emoji of the year!
But, i survive anyway. Yeah, i am only survive. I don't achieve anything great last year. I am financially, personally, and almost mentally broke down last year! Again, poop-emoji of the year!

But, 2016 thought me a lot. Last year, i found myself really enjoying travelling. I know i always love traveling, but its different. Its almost like,i should and have to always be on the go. I used to hate airport, now i am excited to even only to smell the odor of departure gates. 
And luckily, i got a chance to visit two very different countries this year.  I've been travel a lot, with my parents, office mates, and apparently my ex. and i come to conclude that the best way to enjoy your holiday is with your own best friend. The people that you call out of nowhere to pick you up from the worst date, the one you text to talk about life and the world. The people that smart enough to talk about world domination and brainless enough to laugh out of nowhere! 
I know, not all the people have time to sync the time and schedule with their best friend! But believe me you HAVE to, at least, once in a lifetime try to travelling with your best friend. Why you ask me? Here's nine of my reason! 



1. No rules Applied
We still makes itinerary to make sure we go all the places we want, but the rule of time doesn't exist. Because the differences traveling with your best friend instead of travel agency or parents, is you able to act like you want it! You can act as crazy as you want. No shaming, no worrying. At least, that what i experience when i travel with my friend. 

in our entire Melbourne trip we used Mindy's Uber Credit Card and share the fare when we arrive at home, smart right?

2. Flexible on The Budget 
Flexible on the budget doesn't mean you'll be more stingy or economical. Sometimes you want something expensive and your friend agree to share the price. Because when i travel with my best friend, money talk is not taboo. If you have to share the check, or split the check, or borrow money, your lifetime relation already makes you trust each other. (Unless you are kind of friend that always forget any related money problem. Please, don't make any friends! You mean to be alone)
It will be different if you are travelling with your office mate or your new boyfriend, the rules about money is quite blurry and if you make a wrong move it will make your trip awwwwkkkkwaaaaaard. 



3. We already know each other worst habit
I mentally know how drunk my friends could be, what kind of embarrassment they able to do, how fast or slow my friends could be, mostly, i already know how to handle your friends at worst. And vice versa. Your friends know how to handle you too!



4. I can talk about everything! EVERYTHING!
We talk about our problem in travel and also in our life. What you've been scared so far, what you want to achieve, talk about boy, sex, and what's new about it! Its like psychotic therapy for me. I know, talking to them were not helping at all, and i am okay with that. Because not all the problem is solvable, but at least it makes me feel easier, happier. For me, if you can't solve it, at least you can laugh at it!



5. Lets Try Everything and Met Everyone
When travel with friends, you are able to explore something or some places that your spouse or parents will not agree on. Trying mushroom, checking the red district, going to "the club"! Or at least, when you travel with your friends, you are able to meet new stranger on the road. You guys have fun and that's story will be forever stay with you and your best friend. 



6. Knowing Each Other Better
I find human is like super-massive black hole, You might see the size of it, but you will never reach the core. No one is knows you perfectly. Not your mom, not your spouse, and also not your best friend. And for me, spent a day or week overseas with anyone (not only your best friend) can makes you learn something new about them. And for me, as part of society, that the best thing we could do to each other. Learn their personality before you decided to move forward of back off. (This is why people should stop buy things and start explore new places)



7. Self Aware
I know i can trust my friend is travel. But it doesn't mean i am depend on them. I am more aware with my stuff, more attention on our itinerary, and more punctual with my self. Its really develop your own personality. 


8. We Entertain Each Other
Awkward-upsetting moment doesn't last long. Even after the fight, you will find a way to laugh again.


9. Prepare the best photo of the year!
You don't need to hire professional holiday photographer to get your best picture of the year. Because you long time best friend know which angle the best for you! Even my mom or my brother still can not expertise this part!

Because all this reason, i personlly suggest you to start travelling with your best buddies. It will hard, and tough, and intense but it will be worth it. 
So, what you waiting for? Stop pretending you busy on the job, start whatsapp your friends and plan or book your ticket, NOW!


You May Also Like

0 comments